The activity stream also allowed users to:
- Block other users - to ignore spammers, and other individuals;
- Comment - on other users' streams;
- Like items - by indicating achievements/comments they like;
- Go to articles - by clicking an article being translated by the user or friends;
- Go to topics - by clicking a topic/comment posted by the user or friends; and
On April 18th, 2017, Duolingo CEO, Luis von Ahn announced the activity stream was immediately removed, due to functional problems. Causing the site to either not function properly or not function at all.