According to Duolingo: "Closely linked to German and English, Dutch is the national language of the Netherlands and spoken across Europe by 28 million people. On Duolingo, you'll learn to speak like a local and impress everyone with your new language skills." Flemish (a dialect of Dutch commonly found in Belgium) is not taught in this course, hence the distinction. Read more about Dutch on Wikipedia.
The Dutch course from English contains 64 skills, and 323 total lessons.
Supplementary learning resourcesEdit
Not all categories currently have resources listed. Add some by clicking the "Edit" button by each subsection.
- http://www.npo.nl/ - Netherlands Public Broadcasting
- http://www.nu.nl/ - Dutch news website
- http://deredactie.be/ - Belgian news website, in Dutch / French / English
- http://www.nieuwsblad.be/ - Belgian news website, in Dutch
- http://www.hln.be/ - Belgian news website, in Dutch
- Dutch Wikipedia
- Readlang - Immersion through Dutch music and stories, with word translations when clicked.