Concepts in Linguistics, useful for the Study of Italian Edit
- Clitics - A word (or linguistic unit) which phonologically depends on another word.
- Dislocation - a sentence structure containing an element that occurs outside the clause boundaries to its left or right.
- Grammatical Objects - the entity in a sentence that is acted upon by the subject.
- Transitivity - a property of verbs that relates to whether a verb can take direct objects
- Valency - the number of arguments taken by a particular verb.
- Verb / Satellite framing - path and mannor verb typology.
- Unaccusative verbs - verbs with sudjects that receive the action of the verb.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.