How it worksEdit
A practice session may result in strengthening the words practiced, and if enough words from the same skill are strengthened, also strengthening one or more related skills. So "it is very possible that practicing one skill can strengthen another skill". A session doesn't necessarily need to be completed successfully in order to strengthen skills, especially if one uses a timed practice . However, it may take more than one try to fully strengthen a skill (e.g. make it gold).
According to Duolingo, "learners should first focus on finishing all the lessons in a skill, and later come back to review them at just the right times".
Strengthen skills helps users to:
- Test their knowledge;
- Review learnt material; and
- Maintain and improve their skills.
Global strengthen skills shows a message and doesn't allow more practice when :
Algorithm thinks your words are all fresh.
- ↑ https://www.duolingo.com/comment/851887$comment_id=852730
- ↑ https://www.duolingo.com/comment/1052217$comment_id=1064050
- ↑ https://www.duolingo.com/comment/878880$comment_id=882596
- ↑ https://www.duolingo.com/comment/2280468$comment_id=4089599
- ↑ "Strengthening a different skill?",https://www.duolingo.com/comment/4579240$comment_id=4591518
- ↑ "Notice some changes in word strength?",https://www.duolingo.com/comment/486819
- ↑ https://www.duolingo.com/comment/2280468$comment_id=4089825
- ↑ http://duolingo.tumblr.com/post/62995947540/a-new-duolingo-for-ios-7
- ↑ https://www.duolingo.com/comment/73926